How to Tame Frizzy Hair: 10 Hair Products That Work (Under $30)
When it comes to hair products the possibilities seem endless and if you don’t choose wisely, you may wind up with something that doesn’t keep its promise e.g. that expensive frizz-fighting serum you bought instead of the cute, strappy sandals you´ve been pining after, just because it was meant to give you smooth strands for days… but didn’t. We’re here to change all that, with products that actually work, so save your spending money. For less than $30 each, the following products will tame your frizzy hair without you having to pass on those strappy sandals!
1. Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo ($25): Healthy hair starts in the shower and this ‘poo gets down and dirty on frizz. Shampooing is necessary to get rid of product buildup and keep the scalp clean, but sudsing up too often, encourages frizziness and damage. When you do ‘poo use this No Frizz Shampoo from Living Proof — it literally blocks out frizz.
2. Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner ($9): Here is one conditioner that keeps its promises. What you’ll get is an intense moisturizer filled with organic coconut oil and organic shea butter to smoothe out frizzies, restore hair’s health and bring back luster.
3. Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Mask ($11): When it comes to frizz, it’s important to use products formulated with ingredients that will lock in moisture and protect your hair from humidity which is why this indulgent deep conditioner makes the cut. Thanks to ultra-conditioning macadamia oil and moisturizing bamboo extract your dry, brittle hair will be quenched back to life.
4. Aveda Smooth Infusion ($25): Do your locks a solid and protect them with this smooth infusion. Made with a unique blend of organic aloe, maize and guar bean, this little gem packs a punch by preventing frizz for 12 hours while protecting hair from heat damage caused by styling.
5. It’s A 10 Miracle DeFrizzing Gel ($14): This gel is like your frizz fighting superhero, delivering a perfect hair day to your locks every time you use it. This mild hold gel is built to withstand humidity for straight or curly hair. The secret lies in its use of humectants which are able to balance the moisture in your hair, so that your locks remain tamed no matter what the weather throws at it.
6. DevaCurl Frizz-Free Volumizing Foam ($26): Have a head full of curls? This volumizing foam works against humidity to tame frizz and enhance your natural curl pattern. Unlike most foams on the market, this formula is alcohol free to provide extra conditioning, volume and shine.
7. Living Proof Style Lab Straight ($29): When humidity strikes save your blowout from kinks and flyaways with this little miracle worker. Formulated with a patented molecule that wraps around your strands like a shield, keeping humidity out, this mist is a definite keeper for warding off future frizz problems
8. Joico K-PAK Protect & Shine Serum ($17): You gotta love a two-for- one especially when it comes to hair products that actually work. This serum is not only a blow dry prepping product, but it’s equally as effective as a finishing product too. Use it as a barrier to protect against heat or complete your style with a drop or two of serum on your ends and flyaways for instant gleam.
9. John Masters Organics Dry Hair Nourishment and Defrizzer ($20): Smooth out your current state of (hair) affairs with this blend of 100% certified-organic plant and essential oils. Just three drops on wet or dry hair will give you incredibly soft hair with no trace of frizz.
10. John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-Up Crème ($5): Think of this polisher as a nice cool drink for your dry, parched hair. This crème works overtime by replacing your hair’s natural oils that are lost through heat damage and styling stress. Just a dollop will smooth out your strands leaving you with happy, shiny hair.
Do you swear by any frizz fighting miracle products? If they’re under $30 share your favorites in the comments below.
Latest posts by Michelle Swift (see all)
- How to Tame Frizzy Hair: 10 Hair Products That Work (Under $30) - August 27, 2016
- Press Play: 8 YouTube Tutorials on Managing FrizzyHair - August 17, 2016
- 6 Hair Products You Should Always Avoid To Put AnEnd Frizzy Hair - August 7, 2016