5 DIY Remedies For Getting Rid Of Frizzy Hair
Whether you’re on the hunt for all natural alternatives to harsh hair products or simply love a little DIY now and again, the right recipe can be tough to find. This is why we’re sharing some DIYs that REALLY work when it comes to getting rid of frizzy hair. From hair masks to deep conditioning treatments these remedies will help restore shine and life back to your locks. Give your hair the TLC it needs with simple ingredients that you can find in your very own fridge or cupboard.
Let’s get started:
1. DIY Hairspray: But not just any hairspray — this sweet hairspray is all natural, tames frizz and it works on all hair types. Be sure to follow along as Andrea goes through her steps for making and using this frizz taming concoction.
source: youtube.com @ AndreasChoice
2. DIY Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair: This banana-cado mask is hydrating, smoothing and reduces frizz on all hair types. Take your dry, dull-looking hair from frizzy to shiny with the moisturizing power of pureed banana and avocado. Remember, the riper the better; more vitamins, minerals and nutrients to eliminate frizz and enhance shine. Follow Alexandra’s recipe for this must-have hair mask.
source: youtube.com @ AlexandrasGirlyTalk
3. DIY Rice Water For Repairing Damaged Hair And Get Silky Hair: Here’s a little secret handed down from the Eastern world and it’s making quite a buzz in the hair and skin care world. Used for centuries by Asian women, fermented rice water has been used to keep hair long, clean and healthy. P.S. science backs it up: Fermented rice water contains amino acids and nutrients that are proven to add volume, nourish hair follicles and add shine. Watch beautyklove’s recipe to DIY your very own fermented rice hair remedy, be sure to use once per week for best results.
source: youtube.com @ beautyklove
4. DIY Deep Conditioner for Damaged Hair: Give your hair regimen a boost and try this DIY pumpkin deep conditioning treatment for fixing frizzy hair. Pumpkins are packed with vitamins and antioxidants like Vitamin C and beta-carotene that will literally bring your hair back to life. This conditioner also calls for honey, a natural humectant that attracts moisture and adds shine. If you happen to have a can or two of pumpkin puree lying around you can whip up a batch of this nourishing conditioner. Watch and learn as Vanessa shows us the recipe.
source: youtube.com @ iamvanessae
5. Hair Routine & Easy DIY Hair Products: Meredith is sharing her current hair routine along with her fave DIY hair products like her ultra moisturizing hair BB cream. We promise, you’ll never buy your own again. This cream works to smooth away the frizzies on all hair types so be sure to keep watching because she also includes a can’t miss DIY for dry shampoo too.
source: youtube.com @ Meredith Foster
What DIY hair products do you swear by? Tell us about YOUR frizz fighting triumphs in the comments below.
Latest posts by Michelle Swift (see all)
- How to Tame Frizzy Hair: 10 Hair Products That Work (Under $30) - August 27, 2016
- Press Play: 8 YouTube Tutorials on Managing FrizzyHair - August 17, 2016
- 6 Hair Products You Should Always Avoid To Put AnEnd Frizzy Hair - August 7, 2016