Got Frizz? 9 Hairstyles For Frizzy Hair Days
There are some days, no matter what products you use to tame your tresses — frizz just won’t go away. But don’t give up on fulfilling your daily #hairgoals just yet, because we’ve got a hairstyle or two that will make your frizz work for you. From straight locks to curly whirlies sometimes all it takes are a few bobby pins to take on the heat and humidity. The next time you’ve lost all hope in your battle against frizzy hair, remember this, the key to managing frizz is finding the right hairstyle. Disheveled braids, messy top knots and big hair can all benefit from a little frizz thanks to added texture and va-va- volume. Keep reading to find your go-to frizzy hairstyles.
FOR STRAIGHT HAIR
1. Simple Fishtail Braid: If you haven´t tried this braid yet, now is the perfect opportunity. It looks way harder than it really is and thankfully you can easily follow along with this step-by- step tutorial to master the fishtail braid. If you want to add some volume to your straight strands, lightly tug the edges of the braid to widen it.
2. The Accessory: It’s all about creating a diversion and a headband is just the thing to mask frizz. Draw attention away from the frizz by rolling your hair over an elastic headband before pulling it over your head to create a rolled tunnel bun.
3. Bubble Pony : Put frizz in it’s place with this unique twist on the average ponytail. Tame flyaways and unwanted poof by sectioning your pony into segments for a hairstyle that’ll take you from work to your workout.
FOR WAVY HAIR
1. Messy Faux Hawk Dutch Braid: It’s sticky, it’s hot and the last thing you want is to wear your hair down. Keep cool with this eye-catching faux hawk that actually makes frizz stylish.
2. Wavy Braided Pony: The classic pony gets an update with this beach hair, don’t care look. Simply add a couple of small braids to either side of a low and loose pony to keep face-framing frizz and flyaways fashionably tucked away.
3. Triple Knots: Looks can be deceiving. This ‘do appears to be elaborate, but you can pull it off in a matter of minutes. Don’t worry, your secret is safe with us!
FOR CURLY HAIR
1. Messy Top Knot: When all else fails, pile your hair atop your head in this messy bun. It’s by far one of the chicest ways to camouflage unruly curls.
2. Braid Princess Crown: When flyaways and face framing frizz are too HOT to handle, crown your head with this sweet, protective style.
3. Retro Runway Curls: Got frizz? Wear it loud and proud with this glamorous and vintage hairstyle that is perfect for special occasions and little black dresses. Make a deep side part, smooth the top, pin and fluff that frizz.
Do you have any hairstyles that you save especially for frizzy hair days? Let us know your hair type and your fave style in the comments down below.
Latest posts by Michelle Swift (see all)
- How to Tame Frizzy Hair: 10 Hair Products That Work (Under $30) - August 27, 2016
- Press Play: 8 YouTube Tutorials on Managing FrizzyHair - August 17, 2016
- 6 Hair Products You Should Always Avoid To Put AnEnd Frizzy Hair - August 7, 2016